Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Statement on Research@THEA
Research@THEA is an Open Access Institutional Repository committed to collecting and providing global access to the research and scholarly output of Athlone Institute of Technology.
Institutional Repository Team
Main Campus Library
Athlone Institute of Technology,
Phone: +353 90 644 2513
Why deposit content in Research@THEA?
- Greater impact of scholarship
- Discoverable via search engines such as Google & Google Scholar
- Long term preservation of work
- Enhance Faculty/Department/Research Institute and AIT’s reputation
- Enables and encourages interdisciplinary approaches to research
- Building research and industry connections
The Library supports ‘Green’ open access publishing. Depositing the final manuscript version of your work in Research@THEA makes your work open access.
Many funding agencies, both nationally and internationally, now require the grant awardees make their research findings available in Open Access e.g. Horizon2020
Many funding agencies allow the use of research grants for the payment of Article Processing Charges (APCs) or Book Processing Charges (BPCs) to publish in open access journals/books.