Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Advice for using Social Media
- Use Channels such as Twitter to identify current and emerging trends.
- Study how different companies use Social Media. They have different uses and strategies. Social Media has changed the way companies and customers interact. Branding has evolved since the emergence of social media.
- Use Twitter Lists to curate followers and hash-tags and group them in a way that make sense for you. For example group journalists who specialise in EU stock markets together.
- Use different channels to follow Market leaders eg Facebook, Twitter.
- Follow Top Magazines and Journalists for informed opinions and alerts about new articles.
- Use different channels as contact and collaboration tools.
- Use Twitter to gauge public opinion, what do customers think of certain companies. This needs to be taken carefully as Twitter is a "noisey" place.
- Opinions on any social media are NOT equal. Only follow respected experts.