Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library Supports and Facilities
- Height adjustable desk Study Desks.
- Assistance with book retrieval.
- A Self service machine located to the left of the library entrance door. This terminal allows you to check out and return books.
- Photocopiers are located in the print room, with an enlarging function to benefit visually impaired/dyslexic students.
- A low-level OPAC station enables wheelchair users to search the online library catalogue.
Desktop Magnification Reader:
All computers in the library have the learning support software Read and Write Gold. This software is an invaluable resource for students who may have difficulties with reading and writing, or because they have a foreign native language.
Accessing Library Resources
How to set up your AIT Library link to Google Scholar
Click the menu icon on the Google Scholar page.
Select settings to choose up to 5 libraries.
Click Library links
Type "Athlone Institute of Technology" into the search box, click the search icon, select Athlone Institute of Technology from the results list, save your selection.
Now you're ready to search. In the search results look for the AIT full-text link.