Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Off Campus Access
https://library.ait.ie/ My Library Record. Use your AIT computer login - Student Number only (not email) and password to access all the library's e-resources.
Academic Writing Centre
- One-to-one tutorials on essay writing
- Brainstorming your essay topic
- Developing your ideas/ thesis statement
- Structuring an argument
- Writing structure and Referencing Style
- Sentence structure, Grammar, Punctuation & Spelling.
- Avoiding plagiarism
- Using secondary sources
- Editing and proofreading techniques
The Academic Centre is located on the Ground floor in Canteen area.
Library Supports and Facilities
- Height adjustable desk Study Desks.
- Assistance with book retrieval.
- A Self service machine located to the left of the library entrance door. This terminal allows you to check out and return books.
- Photocopiers are located in the print room, with an enlarging function to benefit visually impaired/dyslexic students.
- A low-level OPAC station enables wheelchair users to search the online library catalogue.
Desktop Magnification Reader:
All computers in the library have the learning support software Read and Write Gold. This software is an invaluable resource for students who may have difficulties with reading and writing, or because they have a foreign native language.